While my children are watching a TV since 7:30am this morning, I thought I would take a moment to review my to-do-list for today. One of the actionable items is ‘Making a list of my recent achievement’. This has been always a routine exercise for myself to calculate an ‘efficiency ratio’ – what I did Vs. what I didn’t do. It seems the past two months have been unusually productive, making such list would boost my moral, if not perhaps my ego.
What I have achieved in August 2014
- The 5th annual concert of KOZY Symphony Orchestra & Choir on 9th August 2014 @ Sydney Conservatorium of Music – I have been the principal sponsor since 2012;
- Invited as a guest lecturer by Dr Yue Wang @ Macquarie University to teach BUS303 International Business Project on 18th August 2014;
- Working with HyungSuk Bae, an exceptional cellist graduated from The Julliard Music School, Artistic Director of Musica Intima Ensemble to organize the 1st chamber concert on 24th August 2014 @ North Sydney Lavender Bay Art Gallery; and
- Confirming the lecture schedule with Dr Chung Sok Suh @ Australian School of Businesses, University of NSW – I will be teaching AGSM (Australian Graduate School of Management) MBA students in Hong Kong on 13th December 2014.
What I have achieved in September 2014
- Invited as a guest speaker by Duke Wolfgramm, the convenor of the CPA Australia – Hawkesbury Nepean Accountants Discussion Group to speak about the ‘Dark Side of Corporate Social Responsibility’ on 23rd September 201 @ Penrith RSL Club;
- Having a talented mentee, Juanita Jamsari from Lucy Mentoring Program @ Macquarie University and progressively helping shape her professional development;
- Invited by Macquarie University for an interview with two professors for a course development and making an online learning material;
- CPA Australian has granted an exemption for two subjects of Foundation Program.
Perhaps in the eyes of extra ordinary people, the above achievement seems insignificant. Nevertheless other’s opinion isn’t repugnant enough to have my defiant spirit easily compromised anyway.
Just like another I say this to myself – “Doing more things today than yesterday and doing things better today than yesterday, and tomorrow will be better than today”.