I am generalizing here but I have to use our younger generations who were born after 1977 – who absolutely lack in ‘solving problems independently and ‘self-learning’. I will give you an example.
One who has a degree in something and has a commercial work experience for over 1 year 9 months, does not know how to use a series of very, very basic commands for Microsoft Excel, and asks me to spend a day (maximum) to teach them? I am terribly sorry but I cannot delivery what this person asks. Why?
- The degree of difficult for those basic Excel commands is very, very low. There is a function called ‘Help’ in Excel and you can do it by pressing F1 key.
- There are video tutorial for Excel dummies in YouTube. Perhaps instead of watching ‘garbage’ in YouTube, I suggest you spend sometime for watching useful ones like Excel tutorial videos.
- Your own deficiency in using an essential business tool to do your day-to-day job is your problem to solve, not mine.
- You are wasting other people’s valuable time to teach you something that can be learned by yourself.
- Lastly, my hourly rate is much more expensive than yours and unlike you, I do work and I am not here to do your work for you.
So calling me Peoples Champion? You must be joking. Considering me as an asshole, I have no problem. However, consider yourself as a piece of crap as you have no will to learn things by yourself and you will continue to rely on others to do things for you – to me, at least, personally, it needs more than just pretty face and hair, to do things for you.